Between doubling our office space, partnering with numerous new clients for exciting branding projects, and coming up with fun promotional strategies, we’ve also been busy adding new members to our talented team. Please join us in welcoming Kathryn Chamberlain (@helvetikat), the newest addition to the Origo family!
With an impressive and polished creative portfolio and previous agency experience, Kathryn definitely has what it takes to take on demanding creative projects with a strategic problem-solving focus. We asked her a few questions to get to know her a little bit better, and this is what we found out:
- Interests: I enjoy running outside, going to concerts, collecting vinyl records, and exploring new places in Columbus.
- Inspirations: I’m constantly inspired by other designers and illustrators, both young and old, working in my field.
- How would you describe your design style? My style can be described as clean, modern, and bold, with emphasis on strong conceptual ideas and attention to detail.
- Best job you’ve ever had: I worked as a server in an assisted living retirement home. I really loved the residents there.
- Worst job you’ve ever had: Cleaning the bathrooms in our cabin at Girl Scout camp.
- Favorite movie/genre: I love Star Wars (original trilogy) and The Big Lebowski.
- Favorite music/genre: I’m a devout fan of The Beatles, but I also listen to a lot of indie rock.
- Dislikes/pet peeves: I love typography, so my biggest pet peeves are poor kerning and inappropriate typeface choices (like Papyrus and Comic Sans).
- Something interesting about yourself: I love good beer. I like trying different types of craft beers and home-brewing with my friends.