At Origo, we’ve seen a lot of change over our 31 years. Though, one thing remains constant: Good strategy, design, and messaging always wins, which is why we are always working to make sure that we are equipping our team with some of the best experts in their field.
Furthermore, we are excited that we have been growing for the past few years, allowing us to expand our team of creative geniuses. That said, we are proud to introduce the newest member of our team: Copywriter, Sara Barton. With over 20 years of experience in the industry, Sara comes with a strong background in writing and content strategy, working as lead copywriter on major brands such as McGraw-Hill, Abbott Nutrition, Ohio Health, Kroger and McDonalds. For the past 2 years, she has also taught copywriting courses at Columbus College of Art & Design (CCAD) – shaping the future creative minds of our industry. As a key leader on the team, we look forward to Sara’s role in ensuring an exceptional creative products that will fulfill each of our clients’ objectives through compelling and intelligent messaging.
Outside of work, Sara is an active member in her community, holding major leadership roles in organizations such as Girl Scouts of Ohio’s Heartland and the Junior League of Columbus. For the past 7 years, she has been a Girl Scout troop leader, working with dozens of young girls to build courage, confidence, and leadership skills, while also supporting them in making the world a better place. And just this week, Sara will be receiving the Honor Pin, recognizing her exemplary service in support of delivering the Girl Scout Leadership Experience.
As you may know, Origo places great importance on giving back to the community, partnering with many of the nonprofits in our region to advance their branding and fundraising efforts, which makes it that much more exciting to have a new member of our team that shares the same values and philosophies when it comes to serving others in need.
To get know a bit more about Sara here are some fun facts:
- Where Are You From: Born and raised in Columbus, Ohio.
- Strengths: Word nerd, strategic brand whisperer, and Oxford Comma enthusiast.
- Passions: Girl Scouts, Junior League of Columbus, cooking, and giving back to the creative community.
- Your Tagline: I’ll see your sarcasm and raise you some sass.
- Life Philosophy: Live simply. Dream big. Be grateful. Give love. Laugh lots.
- Favorite Quote: “Every strike brings me closer to the next home run.” – Babe Ruth
- Inspiration/Hero: My mom.
- Something Fun About You: For 12 years, I was a Columbus radio personality, so you may have heard me co-hosting a morning show, reading the news, or reporting traffic or sports.
We’re excited to have Sara on the Origo team and can’t wait to introduce her to our clients, partners, and friends. If you have any questions about our copywriting and content marketing services, or just want to get to know Sara a bit better, feel free to follow her at @!