Do you write good? Do u h8 when ppl misuse the enlgish language? Does certain punctuation make your skin crawl; causing you to shiver?!?!?!
If you’re on the verge of punching the screen, you may be just the copywriter Origo is looking for….lolz.
Origo is hiring a jack-of-all-trades copywriter that can write killer content, come up with awesome ideas, and make sure we don’t confuse “their,” “they’re,” and “there.” It’s a tall order, we know, but we believe this unicorn copywriter is out there–and we have a home you.
The ideal person will have at least 2+ years experience as a professional copywriter. That can include some freelance time, as long as you have an interesting portfolio. Speaking of portfolios, we need to see one for all candidates (preferably digital, but not required).
Origo is a fast-paced, supportive, super-duper marketing and branding agency that does just about everything–B2B, healthcare, retail, education, non-profit–you name it. Our new copywriter could be writing anything from promotional web copy to long-form brochures to tv scripts. Flexibility is critical. Are you the magical unicorn copywriter we’re looking for?
Apply by sending your book and resume to email@example.com
- Generate campaign content across several platforms (digital, print, broadcast) for a wide mix of clients
- Develop curiously interesting ideas and see them through to the end
- Clearly explain concept and copy to internal teams, and eventually clients
- Work with designers, art directors, and animators to develop creative solutions
- Demonstrate an understanding of different categories and client types through nuanced copy
- Proofread outgoing agency copy
NEED TO HAVES
- BS/BA in English, Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Creative Studies or something like that (equivalent agency experience will be considered in the absence of a relevant college degree.)
- 2+ years of professional copywriting experience. Blogs are nice, but we’re looking for a history of writing-for-hire.
- Portfolio and resume submission required for all applicants
- An attention to detail that borders on obsessive
- Ability to thrive (or sadistically enjoy) when things get a little chaotic
- A never ending thirst for feedback
NICE TO HAVES
- Agency experience helps, but isn’t required
- Demonstrated history writing in different voices, tones, and for various platforms
- Proofreading experience
- Experience working alongside visual creatives (designers, art directors, videographers, etc.)