Zora’s House is a life and job incubator that connects local women of color with career-building workshops, community events, and fellowship programs. When hearing more about the organization’s story and ideas for expansion, we were inspired by the founder, LC Johnson’s plan to build the first co-working and community space in Central Ohio that is focused on equipping women of color with the clarity, confidence, and community they need to live their best lives and do their best work – all within a curated environment of sisterhood and support. In an effort to help advance their mission and more effectively increase awareness around the value and benefits of Zora’s House membership, we couldn’t wait to partner with the organization to help develop a new brand and website strategy. Below is the process we underwent to create a successful marketing strategy for the Zora’s House team.
Research & Consultation:
Origo kicked off the project with a comprehensive research process. In order to identify key insights to drive the new brand strategy, we conducted the following research efforts:
- A comprehensive audit of their current brand, exploring the competitive landscape of other organizations that provide similar community and career-building opportunities for minorities.
- A survey of leadership, identifying key insights about the mission and values of Zora’s House as well as the strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities of the organization’s new brand vision.
- Creative exploration to help identify potential visual and messaging direction strategies to promote awareness for their programs, location, and membership offerings.
Creating A New Brand:
Origo utilized the insights from the research phase to develop a brand strategy that would position Zora’s House as a vibrant, diverse, and empowering community for women of color seeking to create, lead, and launch their goals. To do so, we developed a new logo mark that uses the combination of the letters “Z” & “H” enclosed into a brush painted seal to illustrate how Zora’s House uses creativity and expression to empower women to make their mark in the community.
To compliment the new visual identity, we created the tagline, “Sisterhood. Support. Solidarity.”, inspired by the mission to provide women of color with the clarity, confidence, and connections they need to network with one another to grow and transform their lives. Through the use of bold and bright colors, artistic patterns, and empowering statements focusing on building sisterhood, the new brand identity effectively reflects how Zora’s House provides an empowering and supportive community for women of color.
A New Digital Experience:
While developing the brand, we were able to apply the new messaging and design identity to a more comprehensive digital experience, helping to engage and connect potential members to the mission, programs, and membership benefits of Zora’s House. These experiences included:
- A mobile- and SEO-optimized website that features a sleek and modern design, simplified navigation, and detailed accounts and information about Zora’s House services and programs.
- Information and background on the mission, values, and beginnings of Zora’s House.
- An Membership page where individuals can learn more about the benefits of becoming a member and purchase a membership.
- An Events page where site users can learn more about upcoming events and programs.
- An Our Space page featuring a scroll through photo gallery of the new Zora’s House space.
Developing Outreach Tools:
Upon developing the brand and digital strategy, we developed a series of print ads and social media posts, helping to further engage and connect potential members to the mission, programs, and membership benefits of Zora’s House
As a purpose-driven marketing agency, we take great pride in creating impactful strategies for organizations that serve the greater good. We are looking forward to support the continued impact that Zora’s House will have on the Central Ohio community and women of color for many years to come. Learn more on their website and be sure to follow them on Facebook.